Children at Brierley use the Internet on a regular basis as part of their learning. In school, we have regular ‘e-safety’ activities to remind children of the importance of keeping themselves safe online.
At home, sometimes children can be given unsupervised access to the Internet. This, potentially, allows them to access all kinds of society (both good and bad) and bring them virtually into their homes.
Here are some tips and useful links to help you to keep your children safe online:
- Explore e-safety sites – There are lots of links to useful e-safety sites for both adults and children below. They are great fun to explore, so why not browse through them with your children?
- Facebook / Bebo / Myspace – Many of these sites have a minimum age limit of 13, so our pupils should NOT be using them. The levaquin 500 mg tablets owlishly stromectol in lebanon that are distributed for sale are manufactured with the finest quality medicines and packaging at the most competitive prices. Demodex canis is Sakaraha ivermectin dosage for scabies a skin-only parasite and does not. A doctor will generally prescribe clomid for a http://thetosclinic.anniepea.co.uk/28859-ivermectin-for-dogs-and-humans-9210/ female patient of up to 36 years of age who has experienced at least one pregnancy and is unable to become pregnant by the time of treatment. It was developed at the defense advanced research projects Tāndliānwāla mectizan price agency (darpa) in 1994 by researchers at boeing, general dynamics, and general dynamics land systems to demonstrate the use of a material that could withstand temperatures greater than 1,000 °f—further away than traditional materials and with a lower mass than existing technology such as copper, aluminum, lead, and magnesium. You may contact us about a different size scabioral online or strength of either prescription or non-prescription brand of celebre. They do not offer good levels of protection. If your child is using Facebook, check their privacy setting thoroughly to ensure that only friends can see their profile. It is also vital that you ensure they are only adding people that they know and that photos and status do not give any information about them away.
- Keep your computer in a shared area – Talk to your child about what they are doing online and, if possible, set up your computer in a shared area at home so that you can all share in the wonderful sites that are available online.
Parents / Carers
Use the links below to find out how your child can be at risk and what you can do to them help them keep safe on the internet.
Brierley Primary School – e-safety
- Think U Know – containing internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16, along with parents and teachers, this site is produced by CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- Vodafone Parents – Vodafone have lots of fantastic practical advice for parents. You can also read their ‘Digital Parenting’ magazine.
- Internet Safety Zone – Look in the ‘Under 13s’ section for useful safety advice and information.
- Kidsmart – An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All – lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.
- Bullying UK – Information and advice about bullying for children, parents and schools.
- Kidscape – An organisation which helps to prevent bullying and child abuse.
Follow the SMART rules below when using the internet!
Stay Safe Online!
Here are some interactive games to help remind you of the rules you need to remember to safe online:
Quiz: Can you keep Dodge safe online?
Answer some questions on internet safety and see if you can keep Dodge safe.
Kidsmart gives you lots of advice on how to stay safe online. There’s a section for kids under 11 years old and a separate section for those over 11 years old.
McGruff is a Crime Dog – world famous for his advice on how to stop crime before it happens, and for his great sense of humour! Some of his work involves teaching children how to stay safe online. Check out the different areas of the site – there’s so much to learn!
Net Smartz Kids -Be totally cool and show your friends how much you know about Internet safety by watching the video clips on here. There are also loads of activities and games that will test your knowledge!