Welcome to Year 2 & 3!
Meet the team:
We consist of two year 2/3 mixed classes for English, Science and curriculum subjects. During maths and reading sessions, we split into year groups.
This term, we are learning about the Anglo Saxons in History and map skills in Geography where we will be discussing the four countries that make up the United Kingdom and looking more closely at the location of cities within England.
Our class text is ‘George’s Marvellous Medicine’ By Roald Dahl and we are linking this to inspire instructional writing and character descriptions.
In science, we are learning all about the functions of plants and investigating how and what they need in order to grow.
We are keen to visit the local library and organise learning outside of the classroom this year although in order to do that, we would rely on the support of parents. If any parents have spare time and would like to join us on any outings, please speak to a member of the team.
Each child has been provided with a new homework folder with their names clearly labelled on them. We encourage them to look after and take care of these folders as they will need them throughout the school year. Each week, children will have a piece of maths and a piece of reading homework sent out on a Tuesday which will be due in the following Monday.
In addition to this, we will send out a project homework sheet which will be based about the curriculum subjects. This will provide children with the opportunity to be more creative with their homework choices. On the sheet will be six different project options. Children will need to choose and complete two of these projects in a set number of weeks (usually 4/5 weeks)
Reading is an essential part learning and it underpins progress in other areas of the curriculum, namely maths and English. Therefore, daily reading for 5/10 minutes per night is part of our homework. Each child has a reading diary which they will bring home with a reading book each night. Please read with your child and encourage them to talk about the text in order to develop their comprehension. Please sign their reading diary daily to let the team know you have read with your child.
- Please make sure your child is wearing the correct, labelled uniform. This include appropriate footwear.
- PE will be taught on Tuesday’s, Thursday and Friday’s although it is important that children’s PE kits are in school all week in case they have a sports after school club or there are any timetable changes.
- Children are permitted to wear earrings but only small, plain studs (no sleepers). On PE days children should not wear any earrings unless they can remove them themselves for the lesson.
- Long hair must be kept tied back.
- If you wish for your child to have snack in the week, please provide your child with £1 (or you can pay for this online)
- Year 3 parents will need to pay online if your child is having school dinners (Please see the office staff if you require help with this)