Brierley Parent Forum
Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Brierley Primary School. The parent forum aims to represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The forum works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent’s perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
This takes place by:
- Regular communication with parents/carers
- Ensuring a diverse forum membership and representation of views from parents/carers from all backgrounds and sectors of society
The forum is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Headteacher.
- To support and promote children’s learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children
Who can attend
The parent forum is made up of any parent or carer of children attending Brierley Primary School who wish to attend. A member of the senior leadership team and a where possible a representative of the governing body also attend meetings.
Parent forum meetings are held every half term. A typical agenda includes:
- Items identified by the governing body and leadership team for discussion
- Items identified by parents and carers for discussion
Minutes are taken and circulated to everyone who attended the meeting, preferably by email.