As of Friday 25th May 2018, the processing of your data and your child(ren)’s data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation Policy (GDPR). One of the central aims of the GDPR is to provide you with more control over how organisations use your data. Please refer to the Privacy Notice attached for a full understanding of how and why we process your data and your rights.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data, for example: your name, address, age. Identification can be by the information alone, or in conjunction with any other information in the possession of the school.
Who are we?
Brierley Primary School is the data controller. Brierley Primary School decide how your personal data is processed and for what purpose.
How do we process your personal data or your child(ren)’s data?
Brierley Primary School will be complying with the obligations under the GDPR by:
- Keeping personal data up to date
- By storing it and destroying it securely
- By not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- By protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- Be ensuring appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
What are my rights?